Saturday, December 29, 2012

I Don't Care - Ask Anyone (1976 US brass rock with prog & jazz-rock touches - Vinyl Rip)


Tracklist
A1- Fire
A2- Talkin' To You People
A3- Find Your Garden
A4- Appreciate
A5- Pack And Electric Blues
B1- Call It What
B2- Gone Away
B3- I Think Of You
B4- The Answer


Credits
Doug Thomas : Lead Vocals
Frank Pellino : Guitar, Piano, Vocals on "Fire"
Gary Boggess : Moog Synthesizer, Organ, Clavinet, Piano
Tim Graziano : Bass
Jose Ortiz : Drums, Vocals on "Gone Away" 
Paul McDonald : Sax, Oboe, Flute  
Peter Knapp : Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Vocals on "Packard Electric Blues"
Frank Bonzie : Vocals on "I Think Of You" 

Link

3 comments:

adamus67 said...

Wow!Fairly unknown and criminally underrated outfit from Cleveland, Ohio. Hard-rock and prog influenced jazz-rock with horns and vocals. Excellent musicianship, great version of Jimi Hendrix's "Fire". Their 1st and only one album.

Actually, there's some fairly tasty, Horn-Driven R&B tucked inside the grooves. Edgar Winter's White trash springs to mind on several songs. There's also a cover of Jimi Hendrix' "Fire" displaying kamikaze guitar by one Frank Pellino (no, not Marino). This '70s.. curio probably sold no a grand total of 20 copies with half that number going to the band members and their girlfriends. But then, they probably don't care anyway.

@Silverado gee... this album is so rare as Elton John's hair on his head ... It stands to reason, without a transplant ... hehehe!!!!
Thank you for the care and affixing of such rarities
Yours,Adam.

Sergey said...

Thanks! Never heard this band

Anonymous said...

I actually got this album after hearing "Fire" on a progressive jazz station in the SF Bay Area (KPEN?) when it came out. Incredible guitar, would stand up to any shredder today. My ablum has been in storage for some time, I am just starting to convert my vinyl - I hope this has survived, I can not get another. Personally, my favorite version of this song!